Friday 7 December 2007

Interview Technique

I had an interview today for a job I really wanted. It was working for a well-known vegan and vegetarian charity that I won't name just in case it's against the Data Protection Act or something. This is roughly how it went:

Interviewer: Hiya Ellis, thanks very much for coming.
Me: HULLO
Now tell me, what do you think was the main reason for you turning vegan?
BUH?
Interesting. And what do would you say to someone in order to convince them to turn vegan?
MEH.
Cool! Do you have any experience with in research and organisation?
PHRM?
Great. And what do you think you could bring to the position?

BUH!
Excellent! Thanks very much for your time, Ellis. Bye-bye!
BUH-BUH!

I got an email with a half hour of leaving, telling me I hadn't got the job. More Tact Needed.

No comments: