Friday 18 July 2008

Blood Smash

Bristol-based experimental boy/girl band The Jelas are readying the release of their latest EP "Blood Smash" on Ingue Records (pronounced 'ang'). Bert said to me when he heard the demo that he didn't really know how it could be improved. The answer, unbeknown to us at the time, was to get me in on the glockenspiel.

I feel like I have heard enough in progress to know its evolution a little bit, and I'm really suprised it's ended up sounding like this. There is more texture than previous Jelas, and I don't even know what texture really means. I just know that Blood Smash has it. I did a tiny bit of mixing and also some mastering on it which makes me proud. Hopefully I will get a copy but if not then I will buy one. And you should too.

The Jelas

No comments: