Wednesday 14 November 2007

An Introduction

Hullo, I'm Ellis, and if you're reading this you probably know me already. This is a blog I'm going to be writing in. It's hard not to be self-conscious and so I make no apologies for being a little bit awkward for this paragraph at least, and probably the next few days.

The main reason for committing myself to write regularly is for practise. I tend to go about day-to-day life thinking in the back of my head that I am a "Writer". I suppose lots of people do. But I haven't written anything of worth ever, and the last time I wrote anything at all within any sort of structure was probably something I was forced to do through promises of a shiny certificate at the end of it. So maybe through here I can sharpen up my literary wits a little, and hopefully make something worth reading (though I'm not promising anything just yet).

Another reason is that things keep happening to me that I'd like to write about. Not to claim that my life is a calvalcade of whirlygig adventures - it really, really isn't - more that a few things have happened recently that have been quite suprising, and if more things happen like that in the future then I'd like to record them here for posterity. I tend to forget the details of things with an alarming quickness, so hopefully by writing here bleary-eyed when the memory is fresh, I can read it back the next week and remember "yes, last Tuesday I really did trip over three curbs in a row!", or whatever.

This blog will probably be mainly about music, because music is mainly what I'm about. It's what I think about when I'm walking the dog, or catching a bus, or watching Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, so it will probably be what I'm thinking about what I'm writing here as well. Playing and writing and gigging and recording and probably mainly planning. Planning is what I do best. Following up the plans I am pretty crap at.

So I'll probably forget to write here ever again. But I hope not.

No comments: